In Batalla, we are pleased to help our clients reach their business objectives. Accordingly, we offer a wide variety of services related to company prosperity.
Our years of experience have prepared us to tackle internal management to restructuring, making valuable contributions from the start, regardless of the complexity involved and making certain we know what we are doing.
We excellently perform mergers and acquisitions (M&A). We have helped build the Central American venture capital market. Additionally, we have provided a great deal of corporations with advice on their restructure. In this field, we also offer advice for compliance in regards to safety, corporate law, commercial law and regulations.
- Advised the operator of the hard discount supermarket chain “D1” in Colombia (Antioquía and the Cafetero Axis) in a US$ 16MM round of equity financing from Colombian investment firm and a Swiss private bank.
- Our firm advised a worldwide bakery in the sale of a big property, the world’s largest organic pineapple farm located in Sarapiquí in northern Costa Rica, to a subsidiary of Dole Food Company. Batalla acted as lead legal and tax advisor to the seller in the transaction, which was structured as a sale of tangible and intangible assets.
- Our firm advises the general partner of a big Energy Fund, in the financing and development of two solar energy projects in Costa Rica.
- Batalla advised a group of fifteen sophisticated investors in the development of a multi-apartment time-share operation in Playa del Coco, Guanacaste, Costa Rica. We established the international corporate structure in different jurisdictions to fund and run the business as well as the corporate governance for the project.
- Our firm represented a company dedicated to distribute electronic equipment in its acquisition of a controlling stake in an electrical equipment supplier in Costa Rica, including due diligence, review and preparation of deal documents and general transactional advise until closing.